It seems like everyone’s lives revolve around social media networks these days i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, etc. Making it easier for people to know who we are, where we are, and what we are doing without them actually knowing us. So is this a good thing or a bad thing? That’s a question for you to answer for yourself. However, to help you form a decision about the social network overtake I have created a pro and con list that I believe can relate to most people.
Social media is beneficial because it…
- Allows you to connect with people
- Makes it so that distance is no longer a problem when getting in contact with someone
- Helps you kill time when necessary
- Serves as a timely source of information
- Makes inviting friends to an event easier then ever
- Allows you to share your thoughts with people
- Makes communicating with professionals in your field of interest a piece of cake
- Serves as a an easy how to guide, you can Youtube anything these days
Social media is negative because it….
- Can be very addicting, as well as distracting
- Makes tracking people too easy, anyone has the ability to find out where a person is at any time
- Once you post something it’s there forever
- The line between social and professional can be easily blurred, compromising what professionals think of you
- Privacy is hard to come by